Create a Lucidchart Team Account
Team and Enterprise accounts can install our Jira Software Cloud connector for free. Others will need to first start a Team trial to install the connector.
- For a free trial, visit the Registration page.
- To upgrade an existing personal account to Team, visit the Subscription Level page.
Need help? Contact us today.
Install the Lucidchart connector
- Log into your Jira Software instance as an Admin.
- Click the gear icon, select “Add-ons,” and choose “Find New Add-ons.”
- Search for “Lucidchart Diagrams for Jira” and click “Install.” Follow the instructions to complete installation, then close the dialogue box.
- Alternatively, you can install Lucidchart from the Atlassian Marketplace
Configure the Lucidchart connector to your instance
- Click on “Manage” or go to "Manage Add-ons" and find Lucidchart.
- Make sure you’re signed into Lucidchart as the admin of a Team account.
- Click “Link to Lucidchart Team,” then “Link with Lucidchart User.” Copy the API key & secret and paste into the provided field.
- Select “Invite users to join your team” or visit www.luicidchart.com/teams to grant additional users full or view-only access to Lucidchart.
How to Use the Lucidchart connector for Jira Software Cloud
To attach a diagram to an issue
- Navigate to any Jira Software issue and select "Attach Lucidchart Diagram" from the "More" drop-down menu at the top.
- In the resulting pop-up window, choose to insert an existing diagram, create a new one, or import a Visio, Gliffy, draw.io, or OmniGraffle document directly.
- A new panel will appear on the issue page that contains all diagrams attached to it.
To view an attached diagram
- Simply click a diagram’s thumbnail to open it in a full-screen viewer.
To edit or delete an attached diagram
- Move your mouse pointer over a diagram and click the "pencil" icon to open a full-screen editor.
- If the icon is disabled, this means you don't have the permission to edit the diagram. Contact the person who
- owns the diagram request editorial access.
- Click "Return to JIRA" when you're done editing. The attached diagram will update automatically.
- To delete a diagram attachment, simply click the trash icon. This will not delete the diagram from Lucidchart website.
Refreshing an attached diagram
- If you attach a diagram to Jira Software and somebody else edits it on Lucidchart's website directly, the attached version will not update automatically. Click the "refresh" icon to manually update the attachment to the latest version.
Now, you have learned how to use Lucidchart for Jira Software Cloud. If you have any further questions, just shoot an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll be glad to help.