How to use the Lucidchart add-on for JIRA Server
To attach a diagram to an issue
- Navigate to any JIRA issue and select "Attach Lucidchart Diagram" from the "More" drop-down menu.
- In the resulting pop-up window, choose to insert an existing diagram, create a new one, or import a Visio, Gliffy or OmniGraffle document directly.
- A new panel will appear on the issue page that contains all diagrams attached to it.
To view an attached diagram
- Simply click a diagram’s thumbnail to open it in a full-screen viewer.
To edit or delete an attached diagram
- Move your mouse pointer over a diagram and click the "pencil" icon to open a full-screen editor.
- If the icon is disabled, this means you don't have the permission to edit the diagram. Contact the person who owns the diagram to request editorial access.
- Click "Return to JIRA" when you're done editing. The attached diagram will update automatically.
- To delete a diagram attachment, click the trash icon. This will not delete the diagram from Lucidchart’s website.
Refreshing an attached diagram
- If you attach a diagram to JIRA and someone edits it on Lucidchart's website directly, the attached version will not update automatically. Click the "refresh" icon to manually update the attachment.
You’re now ready to start using Lucidchart for JIRA Server. If you have any questions, just send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.