Step 1: Install the Lucidchart connector
- Log into your Jira Software instance as an Admin.
- Click the gear icon, select “Add-ons,” and choose “Find New Add-ons.” .
- Search for “Lucidchart” and click “Install.” Follow the instructions to complete installation, and then close the dialogue box.
- Alternatively, you can install Lucidchart from the Atlassian Marketplace.
Step 2: Configure the connector
- After installing, click “Manage” and “Configure” to grant Lucidchart access to Jira Software.
- On this page, you should see fields for an API Key & Secret pair. Click the link to go to your Lucidchart Team Management page, and choose the gray “Manage Jira Software” button. You'll see a window with fields for an API Key & Secret and blue links to helpful documentation.
- If you do not have a Jira Software key and secret, press the “Generate New API Key Pair” button. Copy the API key & secret, and paste into the provided field.
- Hit save.
How to use the Lucidchart add-on for Jira Software Server
To attach a diagram to an issue
- Navigate to any Jira Software issue and select "Attach Lucidchart Diagram" from the "More" drop-down menu.
- In the resulting pop-up window, choose to insert an existing diagram, create a new one, or import a Visio, Gliffy, draw.io, or OmniGraffle document directly.
- A new panel will appear on the issue page that contains all diagrams attached to it.
To view an attached diagram
- Simply click a diagram’s thumbnail to open it in a full-screen viewer.
To edit or delete an attached diagram
- Move your mouse pointer over a diagram and click the "pencil" icon to open a full-screen editor.
- If the icon is disabled, this means you don't have the permission to edit the diagram. Contact the person who owns the diagram to request editorial access.
- Click "Return to Jira Software" when you're done editing. The attached diagram will update automatically.
- To delete a diagram attachment, click the trash icon. This will not delete the diagram from Lucidchart’s website.
Refreshing an attached diagram
- If you attach a diagram to Jira Software and someone edits it on Lucidchart's website directly, the attached version will not update automatically. Click the "refresh" icon to manually update the attachment.
You’re now ready to start using Lucidchart for Jira Software Server. If you have any questions, just send an email to email@example.com.