Lucidchart for students
Current students with an educational e-mail address can follow the steps below to upgrade to an Educational account (equivalent to the Pro level) for free.
How do I upgrade my account?
- Register for a free Lucidchart account with your educational e-mail address. If you’ve already registered with a different e-mail address, click Account and change the e-mail address on file to your .edu e-mail address. Click “Save Changes.”
- On your Account page, click the image on the right that says. “Get your free educational upgrade.”
- Follow the instructions on that page by sharing Lucidchart with 3 friends.
- Click “Send confirmation e-mail” and an e-mail will be dispatched to your .edu e-mail address.
- Check your e-mail and click the link to confirm your e-mail address and your account will automatically be upgraded.
Does my educational e-mail address qualify?
For the automatic upgrade, we support e-mail addresses that end in:
- .edu. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- .ac.uk (email@example.com)
- k12.state.us (firstname.lastname@example.org)
What if I have a different educational e-mail address?
Other students can either fill out the form below to request an individual account, or ask a teacher or professor to request an account for you and your classmates. If requesting an account, please first sign up for a free Lucidchart account using your educational e-mail address and then use the request form. Please allow up to one day for your request to be processed.Request free upgrade