Scholarship Rules and Regulations
Applicant must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Legal Resident of the United States. Employees of Lucid Software Inc., its parents, affiliates and subsidiaries, participating advertising and promotion agencies, and members of said employees’ immediate family and those living in the same household of employees are not eligible.
Applicant must be a current or incoming freshman, sophomore, junior, senior, or graduate student. Applicant must have a cumulative college grade point average of at least 2.5 on a 4-point scale, and be enrolled full-time at an accredited college or university between January 1, 2018 and December 31, 2018.
Applicants attending military academies are ineligible for this scholarship. See College/University Approval section for more details.
Distribution of Payments
The winning recipient will receive a one-time, $1000 scholarship to be applied to qualified expenses, including graduate and undergraduate tuition, fees, books, and on-campus room and board for the 2018 academic year. Funds are provided directly by Lucid Software Inc. Payments are issued by Lucid Software Inc., made payable to the student's approved college or university and mailed after July 18, 2018 directly to the accredited college or university last designated by the student.
Winner Selection and Announcements
The winner will be announced July 16, 2018. A team of judges will review all entries after the deadline of June 16, 2018. Each entry will be judged on creativity, intricacy, and relevance to the prompt, as well as how they promoted their post. All entries must be shared email@example.com and social shares must have Lucidchart tagged.
Conditions of Award
If any other funds pay entirely the tuition, fees, books, and on-campus room and board for the student's 2018 academic year, the student is no longer eligible to receive this scholarship and will forfeit the award.
The institution must be accredited and listed on the official website of the U.S. Department of Education. Applicants attending military academies are ineligible for this scholarship. All school transfers are subject to accreditation approval.
Responsibilities of Recipients
The recipient must be actively enrolled full-time as a freshman, sophomore, junior, senior, or graduate student in Fall 2017-Spring 2018 and for the entire academic year without interruption, barring illness, emergency, or military service. It is the recipient's responsibility to verify receipt of funds with their designated institution and notify Lucid Software Inc. should the award check not arrive on or after 30 days from the issue date.
Lucid Software Inc. reserves the right to alter or discontinue this program at any time without notice. All flowchart submissions and graphics become the property of Lucid Software Inc. and may be reposted or displayed online, in whole or part, without notification. Lucid Software Inc. has full editorial control of each submission and shall be entitled to use, alter, or delete submissions for any purpose whatsoever without compensation to applicants.
Contest Terms and Conditions
The rules of the competition and the prize for each winner are as follows:
- The promoter of this competition is Lucid Software Inc. located at 10355 S Jordan Gateway, Suite 150, South Jordan, UT 84095.
- Employees of Lucid Software Inc., its parents, affiliates and subsidiaries, participating advertising and promotion agencies, and members of employees’ immediate family and those living in the same household of employees are not eligible.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old in order to participate.
- Only U.S. Citizens and Permanent Legal Resident of the United States are eligible to participate.
- VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition. Any purchase or consideration otherwise given by entrants will not improve one’s chances of winning.
- Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are available via www.Lucidchart.com/scholarship. Individuals may enter to win by clicking on the participation link on the Lucidchart.com website. Upon clicking the participation link, applicants must provide their name, contact information, their university issued .edu email address, and provide their final chart’s link so that Lucid Software Inc. can notify the winner of the results.
- Closing date for entry will be June 16, 2018 at 11:59:59pm PST. After this date no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
- Only one entry allowed per applicant.
- Odds of winning are based on the total number of entrants. Only one winner will be selected from the entire pool of eligible entries.
- Winners will be chosen by an independent adjudicator or panel of judges appointed by Lucid Software Inc.
- The winner will be notified by email and/or letter within 35 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- Lucid Software Inc. will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected.
- The winner will receive a one-time, $1,000 scholarship to be applied to qualified expenses.
- No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and Lucid Software Inc. reserves the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current federal and state data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant's prior consent.
- Lucid Software Inc. may make the winner’s name available publicly for up to 35 days after closing date.
- Lucid Software Inc.’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Lucid Software Inc. accepts no responsibility for entries not received for whatever reason.
- Lucid Software Inc. reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of Lucid Software Inc.’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by Lucid Software Inc.
- Lucid Software Inc. is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
- The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by Utah law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Utah.
- Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about Lucidchart Scholarship Programs.
Address: 10355 S Jordan Gateway, Suite 150, South Jordan, UT 84095