Family tree chart
This family tree chart template can help you: - Visualize your family connections horizontally. - Discover unfamiliar or unknown family members. - Understand your heritage better. Open this template to view a detailed example of a family tree chart that you can customize to your use case.
What is the family tree chart template?
By tracing your family tree, you can discover your ancestors' experiences, values, and traditions. It’s cool, but it can also be complicated. So we’ve developed a family tree chart template to help.
Our free family tree template organizes complex information in a structured and easy-to-understand format, allowing individuals to better visualize their family connections. Finally, you can understand what “fourth cousin twice removed” actually means.
What are the benefits of using the family tree chart template?
- Visualize family connections: A family tree template helps you better understand who’s related to whom and how.
- Discover unfamiliar or unknown family members: Maybe you’re related to Brad Pitt. Without the template, you may not ever know.
- Understand your heritage better: Better understand and preserve your family’s traditions while you gain new respect for the personal journeys of your ancestors.
- Customize and share: No matter how complex your family tree is, you can adapt this template to fit it Share it with anyone in your family and reconnect with extended family members who can share memories and exchange valuable information and stories.
How to use the family tree chart template in Lucidchart
Using the family tree template in Lucidchart is easy.
- Add text to a shape by selecting it and typing.
- Add and remove shapes on the canvas as needed.
- Hover over a shape and click on any red circle to add lines.
- To add pictures to shapes, click on a shape and then click “Fill Color” on the properties bar at the top of the canvas, then click “More,” and then click “Image.”
- For more information about using Lucidchart, click on the tutorial button to the right of the document.