This RACI chart template helps you: Map out who needs to be responsible, accountable, consulted, and informed (RACI) for a project. Customize in Lucidchart.
What is the RACI chart template?
RACI stands for responsible, accountable, consulted, and informed. It is a simple matrix used in project management to assign roles and responsibilities for each task, step, or decision in a project.
Our free template can inspire your own RACI chart or act as a jumping-off point so you don’t have to start from scratch.
Benefits of using the RACI chart template
Our template can help you clarify roles and responsibilities within projects, so your team is always aligned on expectations. It’s also highly customizable, so you can create a RACI chart that fits your specific use case. Plus, collaborate with team members on your chart in real time to ensure that your chart is accurate and visible.
How to use the RACI chart template in Lucidchart
Here’s a step-by-step guide to getting started with the RACI chart template:
- Identify all relevant project stakeholders and tasks.
- Select a circle shape from the RACI legend and hold the alt key. Still holding the key, drag the shape to make a copy.
- Place your new circle on the chart to visually depict who needs to be responsible, accountable, consulted, and informed throughout the project.
- Update your matrix as changes are made throughout the project, so it can consistently act as a source of truth for your team.
- Invite others to your board to align your team on responsibilities and expectations.
- To learn more about Lucidchart, click the tutorial button to the right of the document.