This communication plan template can help you: - Identify stakeholders who need to be informed throughout a project. - Visualize data from different sources. - Keep your communication plan clean and concise by linking to external documents. Open this template and add content to customize this communication plan to your use case.
What is the communication plan template?
One of the worst-case scenarios as a project manager is getting to the end of a project, looking for a final sign-off from a stakeholder, and then being told that the stakeholder isn’t aware of what’s going on and wants things changed. But you can avoid this if you implement a communication plan from the beginning of the project.
A communication plan is a tool project managers use to ensure things are organized and come together for a project. This tool details the deliverables and assignments so everyone stays on the same page.
Benefits of using the communication plan template
There are many benefits of using the communication plan template.
- Identify stakeholders who need to stay informed throughout a project.
- Visualize data from different sources.
- Keep your communication plan clean and concise by linking to external documents.
- Share and collaborate with your team so you stay aligned.
- Customize for however many stakeholders are involved.
How to use the communication plan template in Lucidchart
Follow these steps to use the template successfully:
- Update the data attached to the shapes by replacing the attached data set with your own or clicking on a shape and dragging and dropping data onto it (Pro tip: Text is data-linked when brackets appear as you hover over a shapes’ text).
- Update the shapes’ text by selecting and typing.
- To learn how to link data to your diagram, learn more about this template, or learn more about Lucidchart in general, explore the resources to the right of the document.