C4 model example
This C4 model example template can help you:
- Communicate software architecture effectively.
- Create maps of code at different levels of detail.
- Collaborate with colleagues.
Open this template to view a detailed example of a C4 model that you can customize to your use case.
What is the C4 model example template?
The C4 model is represented by a set of diagrams that each describe a different level of detail about your software code. Our C4 model example template includes a fully realized C4 model, completely filled in so you can study or customize it for your use case.
Benefits of using the C4 model example template
A C4 model template is an effective tool for communicating your software architecture to various audiences. Easily create maps of code to convey different levels of details. Our templates are highly customizable, so you can easily tailor lines, text, and shapes to your exact use case. Utilize our collaborative tools to gather feedback and share updates in real time with your collaborators.
How to use the C4 Model example template in Lucidchart
Here’s a step-by-step guide to customizing the look and feel of your C4 model template:
- To format individual shapes, click on a shape and then select “Shape Options,” “Fill Color,” and “Line Color” on the properties bar at the top of the canvas.
- Hover over a shape and click on any red circle to add lines. To connect shapes, drag a line from any red circle to another.
- Add text to a line by double-clicking the text or anywhere on the line and typing your desired information.
- To format lines, click on a line using the properties bar at the top of the canvas.
- Learn more about Lucidchart by clicking on the tutorial button to the right of the document.