Introducing Lucidchart integration with Google Drive

Posted on by dave

This morning, Google announced an exciting advancement in cloud storage and collaboration by releasing Google Drive. Drive allows people to store their files online and access them from any device: in desktop folders on Mac or PC computers, in mobile apps on Android or iOS devices, or from any web browser. In short, Google Drive will be layering cloud storage on and extending the functionality of Google Docs.

What features are available?

With Lucidchart installed for Google Drive, you can:

• Create, open and share Lucidchart documents from Drive
  • View, open and edit Microsoft Visio documents from Drive
  • Export Lucidchart documents as a PNG, JPG or PDF to be stored in Drive
  • Initiate daily or weekly backups of all of your Lucidchart documents to be stored in Drive

Take a tour of the Lucidchart integration by watching this quick video:

How do I get started?

To access Lucidchart in Google Drive, you need to first:

1. Sign up for Google Drive
  2. Install Lucidchart from the Chrome Web Store (if you haven’t already)
  3. Sync your existing Lucidchart documents to Drive (optional)

Once the app is installed, you will see Lucidchart listed under Create → More in Google Drive. You can use this feature to create new Lucidchart documents, in the same way that you start new Google documents or spreadsheets. For other questions, please see our Google Drive documentation.

For years, our customers have asked for tighter integration with Google and we are excited to deliver it. As always, we look forward to hearing from you if you have any questions, suggestions or feedback.

This entry was posted in Lucid News. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Introducing Lucidchart integration with Google Drive

1. Pingback: Google Drive Arrives, At Last – InformationWeek | The Time of Press

2. Jeff Fread says:

There must be some trick that I’m not getting. Can’t get past the login page.

3. Pingback: Lucidchart and Google Drive | Bram.us

4. Veronica says:

Your charting solution is robust and reliable, and this integration with Google’s new service enhances our ability to share our processes and therefore facilitates collaboration and better communication

5. Ivan says:

Looks cool!
    Will try to use it for my work

6. Teo Graca says:

It’s not ready yet for the general public, but you can subscribe and get notified when it is. The Google Docs export functionality went down for some earlier this week, but is back up and running. Google has the back end in place and tested and is moving the front end for Google Drive as this is written.

7. Attila says:

Very cool. Can’t wait for this to roll out officially. I make and share so many files among my staff that this will be a few extra steps to save. Thanks LucidChart.

8. riel says:

This new functionality looks great. Can you comment on what it means for me as a Google Apps user? Our company uses Google as our Document Library and it does not make sense for me to create a new one (although we make an exception for Lucid Charts).

I think what I’m asking is: can you just tell me what this means for me so I don’t have to do the research to figure out how Drive works with Google Docs for my company? :)

9. Looking forward to giving this a try.

10. Help please: I already had (i.e. have!) a Lucidchart paid account, but when I installed the Lucidchart app into my Google Chrome browser, it created a new Lucidchart account based on my Gmail email address. My pre-existing Lucidchart account is based on my work email address. How can I connect my paid Lucidchart account to my Google Docs/Drive, and not the new free empty Lucidchart account that got auto-created? Thanks in advance for your help fixing this. Cheers, MC

11. Pingback: Introducing comments and Lucidchart for OnDemand Confluence | Lucidchart

12. dave says:

Michael, were you able to work this out? We have included instructions on this here:

If you have any other questions, the best way to get in touch with us is support@lucidchart.com.

13. Al says:

Doesnt work with Google Apps (business)