Google Drive allows people to store their files online and access them from any device: in desktop folders on Mac or PC computers, in mobile apps on Android or iOS devices, or from any web browser. In short, Google Drive layers cloud storage on and extends the functionality of Google Docs and Lucidchart is fully integrated.
What features are available?
With Lucidchart installed for Google Drive, you can:
- Create, open and share Lucidchart documents from Drive
- View, open and edit Microsoft Visio documents from Drive
- Export Lucidchart documents as a PNG, JPG or PDF to be stored in Drive
- Initiate daily or weekly backups of all of your Lucidchart documents to be stored in Drive
Take a tour of the Lucidchart integration by watching this quick video:
How do I get started?
To access Lucidchart in Google Drive, you need to first:
- Sign up for Google Drive
- Install Lucidchart from the Chrome Web Store (if you haven’t already)
- Sync your existing Lucidchart documents to Drive (optional)
Once the app is installed, you will see Lucidchart listed under Create → More in Google Drive. You can use this feature to create new Lucidchart documents, in the same way that you start new Google documents or spreadsheets. For years, our customers have asked for tighter integration with Google and we are excited to deliver it. As always, we look forward to hearing from you if you have any questions, suggestions or feedback.