Google and Lucidchart go way back. Our partnership has greatly facilitated our mission to make working visually easy for everyone, especially because it helps us work wherever you do. We’re excited to partner with Google once again for the launch of the Google Slides add-ons.
Spice up your presentations
Hopefully you’re already using Lucidchart to enhance your Slides presentations—we’re not aware of anyone who enjoys staring at slides chock full of text. Adding visuals keeps your audience engaged, clarifies any concept, and makes your message stick. The good news is that our latest update for Google Slides makes it even easier to add visuals—now you can do so without ever leaving the Google environment.
You know the drill. You can embed diagrams in Docs … you can embed them in Sheets … and now you can do it in Slides! Get the Lucidchart Diagrams for Google Slides add-on, and instead of having to export your diagram to slides, you can insert it directly from within Slides. This add-on works just like our Sheets and Docs add-ons, but in case you’re out of practice, here’s a little refresher course.
First you’ll need to set up the add-on:
- Open Google Slides.
- Select Add-ons > Get Add-ons.
- Search for and select Lucidchart.
- A dialog will appear—you just need to click “Accept” to grant Lucidchart access to Google Drive. Now you’ll see the Lucidchart Diagrams sidebar in your document.
- Click “Sign in with Google” in the sidebar to grant Google Drive access to Lucidchart. If you’re new to Lucidchart, click “Get Started” in the sidebar to register for a Lucidchart account with the same Google account associated with your Google Slides.
Now you’re connected and ready to spice up those slides diagramming-style:
- Build a diagram in Lucidchart.
- Open Google Slides.
- Select Add-ons > Lucidchart Diagrams > Insert Diagram.
- Choose your desired diagram from the list in the sidebar.
- Select “Insert.”
And guess what? If you come up with a diagram idea as you’re crafting your slides, choose the orange "+" button in the bottom right corner of the Lucidchart Diagrams sidebar to start a new diagram in Lucidchart directly from Slides. Simply click “Back to Slides” once you’re done, and then you can insert that beautiful new diagram into any slide.
Find a diagram that needs some polishing? Not a problem.
Simply select the diagram from your documents list and click “Edit,” and you’ll be directed to the Lucidchart editor where you can revise as needed. And no need to reinsert any of your diagrams—once you’re back in Google Slides, click the refresh icon at the top of the Lucidchart Diagrams sidebar. Your diagrams will always be up to date.
Use diagrams in your slides to make a lasting statement. Install Lucidchart Diagrams for Google Slides today!