Sharing just got easier
While Lucidchart allows the ability to create folders for improved document management, you can take this one step further with the ability to share documents and entire folders directly from your Documents list. While we’re confident this is an intuitive feature, here are some quick highlights:
- If you are the owner of a document or folder, you can invite/remove others using the +/- buttons under Sharing & Permissions
- Sharing a folder will automatically share all documents contained within
- Share with your entire team by selecting the team name in the sharing dialog
- Team members’ names are shown in the sharing dialog for quick selection
- Team admins can organize users into subgroups for sharing by going to the “Team” tab (ideal for large teams)
Lucidchart became the first web-based application to import documents from Microsoft Visio. We are happy to continue this leadership with our Visio export feature! To export a Lucidchart document in Visio’s .vdx format:
- Open the Lucidchart document
- Select the “Download as...” option from the menu
- Choose “Visio (.vdx)” and click Download
- Wait for the document to download
If you export a Visio file and see something that’s not quite right, please send us feedback.
Because this is a premium feature, it is only available to Pro and Team accounts. Please consider upgrading if you would like to try it and are currently on a different account level.
Lucidchart for Confluence
Confluence is a leading enterprise collaboration and wiki software that is used by thousands of companies around the world. The Lucidchart plugin for Confluence allows you to create new diagrams, insert existing diagrams from your Lucidchart account, or even import Microsoft Visio documents. This plugin is available at no additional cost for Lucidchart Team accounts. If your company uses Confluence, we’d encourage you to:
As always, we look forward to hearing from you if you have any questions, feature suggestions or feedback. Thanks again for using Lucidchart!