Lucidchart Supports Folder Sharing, Visio Export and Confluence Integration
Reading time: about 2 min
Posted by: Lucid Content Team
In Lucidchart's ongoing quest for innovation and improvements for our software, learn more about enhanced sharing with folders, Microsoft Visio export and a Confluence plugin!
Sharing just got easier
While Lucidchart allows the ability to create folders for improved document management, you can take this one step further with the ability to share documents and entire folders directly from your Documents list. While we’re confident this is an intuitive feature, here are some quick highlights: All Users
- If you are the owner of a document or folder, you can invite/remove others using the +/- buttons under Sharing & Permissions
- Sharing a folder will automatically share all documents contained within
- Share with your entire team by selecting the team name in the sharing dialog
- Team members’ names are shown in the sharing dialog for quick selection
- Team admins can organize users into subgroups for sharing by going to the “Team” tab (ideal for large teams)
Lucidchart became the first web-based application to import documents from Microsoft Visio. We are happy to continue this leadership with our Visio export feature! To export a Lucidchart document in Visio’s .vdx format:
- Open the Lucidchart document
- Select the “Download as...” option from the menu
- Choose “Visio (.vdx)” and click Download
- Wait for the document to download
If you export a Visio file and see something that’s not quite right, please send us feedback.
Because this is a premium feature, it is only available to Pro and Team accounts. Please consider upgrading if you would like to try it and are currently on a different account level.
Lucidchart for Confluence
Confluence is a leading enterprise collaboration and wiki software that is used by thousands of companies around the world. The Lucidchart plugin for Confluence allows you to create new diagrams, insert existing diagrams from your Lucidchart account, or even import Microsoft Visio documents. This plugin is available at no additional cost for Lucidchart Team accounts. If your company uses Confluence, we’d encourage you to:
As always, we look forward to hearing from you if you have any questions, feature suggestions or feedback. Thanks again for using Lucidchart!
Start diagramming with Lucidchart today—try it for free!Sign up free
Sign up to get the latest Lucidchart updates and tips delivered to your inbox once a month.Subscribe to our newsletter
Lucidchart is the intelligent diagramming application that empowers teams to clarify complexity, align their insights, and build the future—faster. With this intuitive, cloud-based solution, everyone can work visually and collaborate in real time while building flowcharts, mockups, UML diagrams, and more.
The most popular online Visio alternative, Lucidchart is utilized in over 180 countries by millions of users, from sales managers mapping out target organizations to IT directors visualizing their network infrastructure.