Lucidchart is always seeking out the latest ways to innovate and improve our software to help you diagram more effectively. Here are some features you can expect to see when you use our software.
Lucidchart lets you group objects/shapes together so they can be treated as a single object. To group objects together:
- Select the objects you would like to group.
- Press Ctrl + G, click on the group button in the properties bar, or select “group” from the right-click menu.
- Voila! You have a group of objects that are recognized as a single object.
To edit a group:
- Double-click on the group to begin editing it.
- Move objects around, add new objects, or delete them.
- Press escape or double-click outside the group to stop editing it.
- Select the group or groups
- Press Ctrl + Shift + G, click on the ungroup button in the properties bar, or select “ungroup” from the right-click menu.
Lines over shapes/objects
An ancillary benefit of adding grouping is that we fundamentally changed the way in which objects are layered. This makes it possible now for lines to go in front of blocks. This feature is especially utilized by the wireframing community.
Company wide sharing
Diagrams are meant to be shared! We make it easy to share a diagram across an entire Lucidchart Team organization. Simply click on the Invite A User icon and choose your sharing settings. If you chose to share a document with your entire organization, it will automatically show up in their document lists.
In school? Want Lucidchart for free? Simply share this page with your professor and we can work out an arrangement with them.
iPhone mockup shapes
As a designer it's absolutely essential to get your thoughts down visually as quickly as possible (when you've got an idea for a UI and need to capture it) or even more importantly, to work out your ideas in the first place. So if you’re looking to mock up an iPhone app during the design or coding process, Lucidchart is the place to start. Designing iPhone apps has never been easier with the Lucidchart iPhone mockup tool. With 75 standard iPhone GUI elements to choose from, you have the freedom to design any interface you can imagine.