How cloud consultants can use Lucidchart Cloud Insights
Reading time: about 6 min
Posted by: Lucid Content Team
When you’re discussing complex concepts with your clients, having accurate visuals will keep everyone on point and provide a way for you to more effectively explain your recommendations. Without visuals, you and your clients may form different understandings of the cloud environments you’re reviewing together.
By making the cloud environment easy for your clients to understand and plan, you can elevate your cloud computing consulting work. Here’s how to use Lucidchart Cloud Insights with your clients.
Use cases that benefit from Lucidchart Cloud Insights
Visualization is particularly important for consulting with cloud migrations and cloud re-architecting. These complex projects often frustrate clients, but collaborating with a consultant via Lucidchart Cloud Insights can bring clarity and reassurance.
By visualizing the current computing environment and planning out future states using cloud diagrams, you can show your clients a comprehensive plan they can see and discuss with you via Lucidchart Cloud Insights’ collaboration tools.
Whenever an in-house cloud architecture goes wrong and you’re helping with a re-architecture, you can leverage Lucidchart Cloud Insights to diagram the current state, review any issues, and chart a course forward.
How to use Lucidchart Cloud Insights for cloud computing consulting
Lucidchart Cloud Insights is here to simplify the jobs of cloud computing consultants everywhere by helping them communicate and strategize more effectively with their clients.
Use an accurate visual of the organization's current state
The organization’s current cloud state helps you plan, recommend, and adjust your cloud planning. With accurate data, you can give your clients guidance that reflects their real-time needs. You can connect Lucidchart Cloud Insights with live data from third-party cloud service providers to automatically generate architecture diagrams your clients can use. Here’s how:
- Pull the company’s data: First, you’ll need to show your clients how to pull this information from their third-party cloud service providers. If they have a multi-cloud environment, ask them to connect each cloud service individually. Lucidchart Cloud Insights is compatible with all of the major cloud computing service providers including AWS, GCP, and Azure.
- Keep the information updated: Avoid out-of-date data or documentation. Whenever anything changes, be sure to refresh your data to make sure your visuals are up-to-date.
- Document your suggestions: Comment, @mentions, and chat with your team using Lucidchart’s advanced collaboration features to make suggestions and show your changes with notes directly in the visuals.
Create tailored views of cloud environments
View client’s cloud environments in different ways using custom filters to help your clients make the most effective use of the information you show them. You can use Lucidchart Cloud Insights to customize cloud environment views or hone in on specific data visualizations.
- Show an account overview: Create an overview to give your clients at-a-glance diagram about their cloud environment.
- Organize and filter: You can use filters to remove extra data, organize with tags, and set whatever criteria you need.
- Depict relationships: Show how different resources connect to each other and demonstrate data flows, interactions, and other essential relationships.
Use customized views to:
- Give presentations: Visuals often strengthen high-level conversations. If your audience is not familiar with the technology you’re discussing, then cloud diagrams—especially simplified down to the exact information your audience needs—are even more valuable.
- Troubleshoot architecture: Diagrams with real-time data allow you to identify incidents, see where you need to focus your efforts, and get started.
- Drill down to specific areas: If you’re providing a visual to developers who focus on a single application, then you can choose views that are specific to that app.
Because you can tailor your views to specific moment-by-moment needs your team has, you can essentially customize what you get from Lucidchart Cloud Insights.
Propose new cloud solutions
With your current state diagram, you can provide clients with an editable diagram where you can move shapes, delete items that aren’t needed, and find opportunities and gaps.
To filter your architecture diagram:
- Click the + Icon.
- Filter by criteria, such as subnets or AWS tags. You can choose the data you’d like to filter by (e.g., Shape Data, Tags), select the type of resource to filter, and then type in what specific data you want to filter by.
- Finally, click “Save” to save your filter.
To save as a new view:
- Open the pull-down menu and find “View.”
- Click “Save as New View.” Your diagram is saved for future use.
- Select the “Manage Data” icon.
- Click “Convert to Regular Shapes.”
Now you have an editable diagram you can use to plan out future states for your clients. Share custom views with your clients that can be edited allows you to collaborate together. You can present your clients with a live walkthrough via Lucidchart Cloud Insights and show their team what’s possible for their cloud infrastructure.
Communicate effortlessly with clients
You can communicate with your clients and review the same visualizations together, making it easier to demonstrate ideas that add value and are helpful. Lucidchart Cloud Insights has built-in collaboration tools and supports record-keeping and consultation processes.
- Provide a walkthrough: Presentation Mode allows you to present your proposed cloud solutions via a slideshow for clients.
- Ask for feedback: Through comments, chat, and tagging, you can ask your clients for feedback on your ideas directly in Lucidchart Cloud Insights.
- Maintain documentation: Thoroughly document and help with institutional record-keeping for your clients.
Use Lucidchart Cloud Insights to show your clients where they optimize their own cloud environment. Give them clear visualizations, and after verifying that existing plans were implemented correctly, start reviewing ways your clients can improve performance.
Here’s a few ways:
- Use the metadata imported in and apply conditional formatting rules to identify best practices violations, security risks, etc.
- Visually identify orphaned resources that are wasting money unnecessarily.
See how Observian cloud consultants use Lucidchart Cloud Insights
Don’t just take our word for it. For an example of how cloud consultants use Lucidchart Cloud Insights, check out this Observian case study. Observian uses Lucidchart Cloud Insights in reviews with clients to visualize and go over recommendations.
“Cloud architecture is an ever-evolving landscape—it’s always changing. Lucidchart Cloud Insights really helps us keep track of everything and ship it to customers in a deliverable that is very neat,” said Aravind Marthineni, solutions architect associate at Observian.
By bringing clients, cloud consultants, and tech teams together on the same page, Lucidchart Cloud Insights helps cloud computing consultants provide high-quality results.
Zero in on important cloud details using Lucidchart Cloud Insights to filter and view critical areas of your architecture diagram.Learn more
Start diagramming with Lucidchart today—try it for free!Sign up free
Lucidchart is the intelligent diagramming application that empowers teams to clarify complexity, align their insights, and build the future—faster. With this intuitive, cloud-based solution, everyone can work visually and collaborate in real time while building flowcharts, mockups, UML diagrams, and more.
The most popular online Visio alternative, Lucidchart is utilized in over 180 countries by more than 25 million users, from sales managers mapping out target organizations to IT directors visualizing their network infrastructure.